University Welfare Support

The University offers a wide range of disability support as well as tests in case you believe you do suffer from a previously undiagnosed disability. The range of support is wide and encompasses things such as physical and mental disabilities to learning disorders and dyslexia and dyspraxia.

The counselling service exists in order to provide you with support and help if you are experiencing personal or emotional problems that get in the way of you succeeding in your studies or personal life. It is a free and confidential and they provide individual counselling, group counselling and self-help resources. There is also the Mind Your Head initiative.

Studying can be especially stressful when one is a parent. The University offers a special programme aimed at parents undertaking a course which includes childcare services and parental leave policy amongst other things.

If you feel that you have been the subject of harassment then the University has a special service to help you. There are approximately 300 harassment advisors that will listen to you and provide support. You can contact them via phone at the 01865 270760 or via Email.

Eating disorders is something that is more common than you think. If you feel that you or a friend are suffering from an eating disorder or just want some information then the University has some excellent pages. Most people with eating disorders do not have Anorexia or Bulimia but what is called “Eating disorder not otherwise specified”. This refers to people with a mix of both Anorectic and Bulimic symptoms. Remember, men get eating disorders to.

It can be a bit tough going when you’re on your own, living in a new country, speaking a new language, learning new customs. But no matter where you come from, Oxford has a crowd for you, you just have to branch out and find them! Also check out the National and Cultural Societies sponsored by the OUSU.

Get home safe and sound for just a pound, anywhere in Oxford after 9pm!

Comments are closed